Saturday, May 15, 2010

Funnel Cakes

I pretty much don't like funnel cakes. They are greasy, greasy, and oh wait just a bit greasy. I just always associated them with grease and heart attacks whenever I saw them at the fair and where ever else. BUT today our FHE brother

Kyle
shared his talent and made us some funnel cakes.
And they weren't too bad... I dressed mine up with nutella, whip cream, strawberries, and bananas




But to get to this creation I am eating it took our "team" some work.
I cut the strawberries



Kyle finally figured out the recipe



We had a minor overflow of oil (don't worry we didn't start a fire) and after a few failures



We (Kyle) came out with this

Look at that grease!!!!!

Then we decorated them




And then ate them



Jenn ate all of hers,


I didn't...

Pretty sure I won't be hungry for the next week, at least that's what I feel like... I still am not a big fan of the greasy "treat", but the homemade one (as always) wasn't too bad.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, you never liked them much, but the pictured version above looks pretty good. Apparently your roomies seem to like them. LOL-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I just saw my pretty pink TV. I don't miss it but it has fond memories for me as it traveled with us as we moved around the country.

    ReplyDelete