Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memory

When I was a kid my dad would read me books before I went to bed, these are also known as bedtime stories. I took a trip down memory lane today, for my Children's Literature class, and revisited my favorite book:

I'm not sure how many times my dad read this book to me but I loved it and remembered it so well when I opened up the pages of it in the library the other day.
"Officer Buckle says, Never stand on a swivel chair."
For class today we threw an author fair for the 4th graders at a nearby elementary school. I chose to do Peggy Rathmann, who wrote this favorite book of mine.


For the activity I had the children make paper bag puppets that looked like the dog Gloria from the book, they turned out pretty good.

It was great to take a trip down memory lane, as I so often do in this class, and remember how awesome it was to spend time reading with my dad. Thanks Dad, I Love You.

1 comment:

  1. i love re-living my childhood memories with my little girls. there are so many books i enjoyed as a kid that i saved and have now had the opportunity to read to them. so fun!

    ReplyDelete