Monday, November 29, 2010

Adventure

So it's way expensive to fly out of Idaho Falls, which is the airport that is only 20 minutes away, so this time I decided to fly out of Salt Lake City, which is 3 1/2 hours away. Fortunately for me, my good friend (well now we're good friends cause we just spent 8 hours in a car together) Christian lives in Utah and graciously took me to the airport and back.

The real adventure was on the way back to Rexburg, it was snowing like crazy in Salt Lake, but the roads weren't too bad so we got going after eating at In n Out. We hit Brigham City, a "city" an hour outside of SLC, and hit some pretty bad roads; there were cars on the side of the road every which way.

Well, after enjoying our refilled sodas we both realized we needed to go to the bathroom, but thought we could hold it for a little longer, so we passed a rest stop. But then Christian saw a friend on the side of the road and wanted to see if he could help, turns out they had help and were good getting out, but we were there for a good 15 minutes. Then we realized we REALLY had to go to the bathroom. I looked on my phone and see the nearest town was Honeyville, like 3 miles away. However, we had to go super slow, because of the roads so it took us another 15 minutes to even find the exit (all along the way we were talking about going in the bushes on the side of the road and I was not a big fan of that idea so I was determined to find a gas station).

We finally get off at the exit and there is no gas station near by. So we drive about 2.6 miles and see a Church steeple and know it has to be open. We get to the Church and see that there's a gas station right next to it, but we went for the Church, because it would be 10 times cleaner. I ran up to the first door and it's locked. I tried the second door and it's open, phew. Of course the Men's room was easy to find, but I had to asked where the Women's was.

After relieving ourselves and getting some strange looks, we were back on the road. However, most of the time we were going about 17 under the speed limit. A drive that would normally take about 3 1/2 hours, took almost 5. However, I'm grateful to have made it back to Rexburg safely and enjoy an adventure with Christian along the way.

Sorry I didn't document anything about our drive, I was too focused on finding a bathroom and getting home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment