Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mixed

I mentioned in my first Paris post I would talk about my feelings...Well pictures, with captions are going to explain things perfectly

Picture #1: Make a face of how you feel about the hotel.



So Michael-Ann, Laura, and I went to the hotel to check in, because Luisa and David had to wait for Kailie who arrived a couple hours later. Well we took a taxi there (for the record I said we should take the train) and all 3 of us were cringing as we saw the price go up every 10 cents. We finally got to the hotel and walked up to the door in the pouring rain; all three of us were distraught (to say the least) to see what we were going to be staying in...But as you can see in the picture Laura didn't like it, Michael-Ann didn't mind it, and I was leery about it.

Story Time: Our plan was to sneak Kailie and Luisa in because we only told them 4 of us were going to be staying there (a room for Laura and David and then the 4 of us would low-two it all night). But Kailie and Luisa didn't arrived until 1 AM and the creepy front desk man closed the door and we had to ring the doorbell to get back in. Well he didn't let all 6 of us come in at once so Luisa and Kailie had to find their own place to stay. So Luisa, Kailie, and David (the big brother that he is) went looking for a place and ended up staying in a hostel, which was about as good as our hotel. So Luisa and Kailie stayed there all 3 nights, Michael-Ann and I were roomies, and Laura and David were roomies.

Picture #2: The majority of Paris guys are creepy...



Michael-Ann, Laura, and I went to go get crepes while waiting for the other 3 the first night. We asked the man if we can come in and eat them cause it was rainy and freezing. He said yes, only if we go to a party with him when he closes. Well we said maybe and came in to sit down...Pheobe (Michael-Ann), Rachel (Laura), and I (Monica, we gave him fake names, FRIENDS characters) sat down and this creepy man was there with us the whole time. We quickly ate our crepes and left, not going to any parties with him at all.

Paris men are creepy...

Pictures #3 and 4: "Everyone show your feelings of the morning"



This was taken our first morning there. David was taking his frustration out on Michael-Ann, I was excited to go see the Eiffel Tower, and Michael-Ann was just ready to have fun the whole time. Laura was excited cause she was going to see her friend in Paris, Kailie and Luisa were tired and frustrated from a long night in the hostel.

Picture #5: Crepes



My new found food love is crepes. A banana and nutella crepe always hit the spot. But I don't have as much of love as Michael-Ann, she ate a total of 15 crepes in 3 days. She rarely branched out from nutella and enjoyed everyone of them.

Paris has left a lot of mixed feelings in my mind. I thought it was a beautiful city, filled with crepes, the Eiffel Tower, museums and so on. But my first experience wasn't that great, terrible hotel, rainy the whole time, everything on a budget, and lack of sleep.

I would go there again with these conditions:
1. I stay in a Marriott or Disney Hotel
2. I have enough money to eat where I want
3. It's the summer time, no rain but beautiful sunshine
4. I visit EuroDisney

But I love Spain so much more :):)

1 comment:

  1. haha, love the pics showing how you all feel... awesome.

    i'd love to go to paris in your preferred conditions too. when should we go?

    oh, and keep steering clear of the creepy locals!

    ReplyDelete