Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Trabajo

For the past month I have been looking and looking for a job for this next semester. My funds have diminshed since I came to Spain, and I need to some how replenish them.



I would look and look and then look some more to see if there were new postings on the campus website. I finally memorized the page, knowing exactly which each job was, why I wasn´t qualified for some and why my schedule never fit with any of the ones I was qualified for. So one day I finally sent my resume, schedule, and reference list to pretty much every supervisor on campus. They all were polite and said they would send it off to their hiring manager, ut none of them said anything right away.



Then one day, while sitting on the top of a tour bus in Barcelona, I recieved a call to schedule an interview. I could barely hear the person on the other line, except that she was with Student Records and Registration and wanted to schedule an interview with me, I said yes, calculated the time difference to when she wanted and waited anxiously. Then I sat there thinking about which job this was and realized it wasn´t one of the ones that was posted but from when I sent my resume out...



At 10 PM that night I had my interview. It was done by a fellow student who had been working there for a while so it wasn´t as nerve wracking. But the first thing she said to me was that she wanted to explain how graduation work and what not. My first thought was this: Oh she didn´t want to interview me for a job, but she´s mistaken that I´m going to graduate and she wanted to talk to me about how it works. I was about ready to tell her that I wasn´t graduating this semester and say thank you and goodbye, but then she kept talking about what the job duties would include. I´m glad I bit my tounge and didn´t say anything. I thought it went great and it sounded like they wanted to hire me, but I had to wait until she called me back.



While sitting down for dinner in Barcelona I recieved a call from the same, nice girl. I got up away from the crowd (aka my family) and walked and listened, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. She said that her office would like to hire me and I would start on the 18th of April. I gladly accepted, trying to contain my excitement :):)



I officialy have a job at BYU-Idaho, in the Kimball building, in the Students Records and Registration Office, in the Graduation Department.


Sorry for the long post, but this is what has been on my mind and I had to share!

3 comments:

  1. oh good! i know how long you've been wanting/needing a job, so this makes it all the better. good luck!

    ReplyDelete