Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013

Greetings from Monterrico, Surco, Lima, Perú!

What a week to say the least. I had an emergency transfer because I was being eaten by bugs. Yup bugs. The first round of bug bites happened about two weeks ago, they all gave me an infection and then my feet swelled all up, sorry it´s gross. Then I was cured and working hard. Then just as I finished the pills of anitbiotics I got a new round of more bug bites and another infection and I swelled up. The mosquitos here are different than America and my body doesn´t like them at all. Well the President was super worried about my health so he called me on Monday night and informed me that I had a emergency transfer to Monterrico here in Lima and that I had to be in the office at 12 noon the next day. Well that night I packed all my stuff up and at 6:30am was off in the bus to Lima. I arrived, talked more with the President who told me he needed me here in Lima for my health (because there aren´t as many bugs here) and that I was going to do good work here in Monterrico, he´s the best. Well really the transfer time isn´t over, but we received 9 new missionaries that are temporary waiting for their visas, so that´s why I was able to get a new companion and what not. Mine is named Hermana Vizurraga from Huancayo Perú. She´s going to serve in Colombia and she already has her visa and at the end of the month is going to her mission; and then I´ll get another new companion. There´s the story that´s how I ended up here in Lima again. I know I´m supposed to be here and I´m ready to do work.

Monterrico had Elders here on Monday and now we´re opening up the area with Hermanas. Our area lives up to its name, Monterrico, (which translates into rich hill) and it´s HUGE. We have to take buses and taxis and then a lot of walking wherever we go. We still don´t know much of the routes and what not so we get lost almost everyday. It really is an adventure.

It was hard to leave my companion and my area in Ica, but I truly know this is where I need to be at this time in my mission. I hope you all have a great week!

Love Always,

HERMANA HARBISON

No comments:

Post a Comment