Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 22, 2013

Familia y Amigos,

This week was transfer week and I had a transfer! My new companion is Hermana Odar

She´s from here in Perú, from the north, a place called Chiclayo. She has almost the same amount of time in the mission as I do, just a little less and we´ve been called as Lead Trainers. We have yet to find out what this calling encompasses because President Douglas is just putting it into practice this transfer for the first time. I´ll let you know when I find out more, because I´ve heard about a million descriptions so we´ll see. I think it´s just a fancy way of saying that we´re the Hermanas that are going to do interchanges, working with the other hermanas of the mission...But I´m not sure yet.

We´re in an area called Chorrillos (pronounced Chor-ee-yos), here in Lima. It´s right next to the ocean so it´s super cold here. Everyday there is fog all around in the morning, it tends to lighten up in the afternoon, but it´s always cloudy here...In the evening it´s cold as well. It´s going to be hard to get used to the cold, but I´ve got to because the winter is coming.

Well that´s all the news from the south end of the world. All is well and we´re ready to do work here in Chorrillos! Have a great week!

Love Always,

HERMANA HARBISON

No comments:

Post a Comment