Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1, 2012

Hello Everyone!

This week has been an exciting week. To start off, I got a companion! Her name is Hermana Cardenaz and she's the best! Here's the story: We get to class on Tuesday and one of the head teachers informed us that we would be moving to a new district. Elder Baker and I moved two doors down to a district in our zone that's two weeks ahead of us, which is nice because I already knew most of the Spanish we were learning and this little boost will be nice. However, our other member of our trio moved to a different district who is 3 weeks behind us or so, which is probably good for him, because he was having a really hard time with Spanish and actually speaking so hopefully that will help him. So this same day Hna Cardenaz's comp. left to go home and she was left to be the only sister in her district. So when they combined districts we became companions. It's so nice because we were already roommates and got along from day one pretty much. She's a great missionary and I've learned so much from her. Couldn't have asked for a better companion to be my first one! Plus we (Elder Baker and I) have new teachers now and I've had to get to know the investigators Hna Cardenaz was teaching so that's been an adjustment. Also, when it comes to what I might have missed with the 2 week lag, my new teachers are way helpful in catching us up and making sure we understand. (The only concept I didn't know that we missed was the subjunctive form in spanish so they're helping us withthat). With this new move, I also got a new mailbox number, now it's 106 instead of 133. Just an FYI, missionaries LOVE letters! :):) Also, on Wednesday we got to host the new Sister Missionaries coming in. Which means you take them to their residence, get their name tags and welcome packet, get their books, and then take them to their classroom. It was so much fun doing this!

That's all the exciting news I have here at the MTC. No word on my visa yet so I'll just be hanging out here until I get any word. Today we went to the temple early in the morning. Now we're going to enjoy the rest of our P-Day.

Have a great day!
Love,
HERMANA HARBISON

No comments:

Post a Comment