Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Landed

Well we made it here to Spain...

The flight(s) was/were pretty good and super long, but they lost my bag. I was able to check the bag that was going to be a carry on and they lost it... So now I'm praying it will come soon cause it has half my clothes and shoes and my contacts, so I'm stuck wearing my glasses until then.

My host famliy is nice, we have a mom, dad, and they have a daughter that's about our age. The only problem so far is that they smoke. Well everyone smokes here in Spain, it seems like, and so when I'm trying to breathe I get a breath of the toxic fumes. So if I die of lung cancer in the next 3 months you'll know why and be glad people in the US don't smoke as much. I mean haven't these people heard smoking will kill you?

Also, I need to practice/learn my Spanish. Let's just say it's a good thing Kailie is here to help and is patient with me. For the most part I can understand, I just can't repsond...

Yesterday (Monday, the day we arrived) was kind of hard for me and Kailie, well for me especially. We were both super tired and I was super stressed out and frustrated with my bag. Fortunetly our host family made us dinner early and we went to bed early, getting much needed sleep.

Today is a lot, lot, lot better. We rode the bus into town and have been looking around. We found a bank, a bus pass, the university, and as you can tell we found the internet as well. (We only have it on campus, so there will be limited use of it.)

Well I hope things are going good, where ever you may be. I'm here where the weather is a wonderful 57 degrees, so I'm not complaining :):)

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I'll take some soon and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment