Saturday, January 8, 2011

Packed

Wow, packing for 3 months is hard. Usually when I go on a trip I wait until the day before to start packing. It usually takes me an hour and I'm good. Ha, not the case these past few days...

I coordinated with Kailie, my friend who wanted me to go with her to Spain and who I'll be rooming with these next few months, to see how many bags we should each take. We agreed on 4 bags each, 2 checked and 2 carry on. Unfortunately, United didn't seem to agree with our plan. Kailie checked online and read that you can only check one bag or pay an outrageous fee, and, as always, it can't be more than 50 pounds; she alerted me right away on Friday. I had started packing earlier that day and was like, maybe I can fit it all in 3 bags.

Today I've spent all day packing, with the exception of taking time for meals. I fit everything I could into my checked luggage and found out it was 62 lbs. I spent the next 2 hours rearranging and taking stuff out to fit it in. I weighed the bag about 14 times and it finally came out to be 50 lbs exactly.

Tomorrow will be the true test, when I take it to the airport for them to weigh and check, if it's even 1 pound over we'll have to pay a fee of $200, ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment