Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012

This week was a really good we because we had 2 baptisms! My first baptisms as a missionary! We were afraid they weren´t going to happen because problems with the interview. But after a second interview on Saturday morning everything was good and they were ready to be baptized. I could tell because they were really sad when they couldn´t set the day for sure after Thursday´s interview. But in 5 hours we called everyone we could in the ward and had a great baptism! MILAGROS!


I learned a lot this week in my personal study. I was reading in the January 2012 Liahona a talk by Elder Christofferson about how everyday we need to ask for our daily bread because the Lord´s hand is always stretched out and we just need to use it. This applies to us as missionaries especially me when it comes to the language. Everyday I have to ask for the gift of tongues and everyday the Lord blesses me with it when I try my hardest. Also I learned the a smile really is a small act of service. While waiting for my companion in the waiting room of the doctor´s office I smiled at the only other person who was there and she commented that she had a rough day and to see my refreshing smile really helped her and then we started talking about things and the Gospel and what not and it was all great. Another way the Lord´s hand is always stetched out is helping me talking to random people even though I don´t know Spanish that well. On the bus this week I was sitting next to a stranger and I was determined to talk to her about the gospel because I knew I had to do. I said a prayer in my heart and the Lord helped me to talk to her and understand what she was saying and I gave and explained to her the pamphlet of the Plan of Salvation. It was so great and I learned that fear really is of the Devil becuase if I continued just sitting there debating in my mind whether or not to talk to her I wouldn´t have done what was asked of me. The Lord really does love and bless me and I am so grateful for that!

Everything this else is going good. I found out this week that the toilet paper isn´t biodegradable... WHAT!?! So I noticed that there was a lot of TP in the trash can and I asked my companion why and she said ti´s because it´s not biodegradable and the toilet can´t handle that. So we have to put our TP in the trashcan until we run out and buy TP that is biodegradable. Adventure of the mission, no complaints just adjustments.

I´m grateful everyday to be a missionary and to learn new things. Hope everything is going good for you wherever you may be.
Love Always,
HERMANA HARBISON


No comments:

Post a Comment