Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012

Walk into a house of investigator or member this week,

Where are you from?
Colorado.
Ohhh Batman...

Sorry to hear about that tragedy up there in Colorado. Hopefully the missionaries up there are teaching lots of people about the Plan of Salvation.

This week was a pretty average, great week. We found some new investigators who seem really eager to hear about the gospel. Yesterday I felt my second earthquake here in Peru (the first was in the CCM here). During the third hour of church there was a little rumble and then a jerk of an earthquake. It was pretty tiny but you could feel it, crazy!

Well honestly I hope things are going well up there in the States. I hope you all are enjoying the heat of the summer, because it´s the cold of the winter here. I don´t have much more to say. The work is coming along down here. I had my first interviw with our new mission president, President Douglas. He really is a GREAT president. He gave me words of wisdom that have changed my mission, I love him and his family and am so grateful for the sacrifice they´ve made to come down here and serve (it´s him and his wife and his daughter who is 16 and son who is 11). I know it´s not easy to make a change like this, it was hard for me at first that´s for sure. But I´ve honestly realized that this is the best thing I could be doing for the next 18 months and have and will put my heart, might, mind and strength into serving the Lord everyday.

Best wishes to you all!
Love,
HERMANA HARBISON

No comments:

Post a Comment