Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos,

I hope your week treated you well. Below is a picture of our Family Home Evening that we had with Hermana Milagros (the mom), Valentina, and Antonio this past Monday. (The two kids were baptized last month, Hna Milagros wants to be baptized but isn´t married with the person she´s living with which means she isn´t complying with the Law of Chastity...Which means she can´t get baptized yet)

Part of the lesson was to list the blessings that we´ve received from Heavenly Father and then we shared one from our list. Well Hna Milagros started and said that a blessing was having the gospel in her life. She then started to cry explaining her gratitude and the change she´s seen in her kids and in her life. I almost started to cry but I was just so happy I couldn´t. It was a confirmation to me that I´m doing my job. I just sat there and smiled and then shared that a blessing in my life was the opportunity I have to be a missionary. This family changed my life. I´m blessed to have gotten to know them and share the gospel with them. I´m sure I´ve said this before, but I´ll say it again. I don´t know why I didn´t want to serve a mission before hand. I´m truly grateful for this opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people here in PerĂº.

Have a great week!

Love Always,

HERMANA HARBISON

No comments:

Post a Comment