Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good Book

For my humanities class we had to read a book that had been banned or challenge at some point. The list she gave us was limited; we had a set time to read it and discuss the book with other people in our group. I chose to read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.


It is now my new FAVORITE book. I'm not going to summarize it or tell you what it's about, because I want you to go and read it as blindly as I did. I love it because he writes it so beautifully and it's such a gripping book. I'm not going to tell you any more, just read it and let me know what you think! In the mean time I'll be reading Night by Elie Wiesel for that class as well. I'll let you know what I think of it when I finish.

4 comments:

  1. okay, i'm putting it on my "to read" list... have you read the kite runner too?

    i read night a few years ago. it's a super fast read, but had me crying throughout. let us know how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Kite Runner, but I haven't read it yet, I'll probably get to it when the semester is done. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear best friend,

    Impressed with the new blog! I think you've inspired me to start one myself! Just an idea for a blog post--you're favorite stores! I'd love a peek into the shopping life of Fel--you have great style :) Love you girl!

    Lib

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lib. Yay for blogs! You should put your store list up there too for sure! Love you too

    FEL

    ReplyDelete